What is SDS Program?
The Study Direct Stream (SDS) Program is a program that will speed up the Visa processing for full-time studies attending universities and colleges in Canada
SDS streamlines the process for India, Philippines, Vietnam & China.
It will be started in India from 01 Feb 2018, which probably will replace the existing SPP rule.
Scotiabank will provide eligible students with the opportunity to purchase a GIC, which will satisfy the financial statement requirements of the SDS program.
SDS Program Requirements
Eligibility criteria for students applying for a program under SDS:
- Admission to a full-time program in a post-secondaryuniversities, colleges, institutes or CEGEP.
- IELTS score with a minimum band of 6 for each ability (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking) taken within past two years.
- Candidates having 65% marks in 12th can apply for student visa in Canada, according to new SDS rule.
- Purchase of a special Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) from Scotiabank of CAD$10,000 to cover living expenses for the first year of stay in Canada.
- Proof of payment of the tuition fee for oneyear.
- Medical examination at least one week before submission of the application.
- In new SDS rule, online application can be submitted.
Advantages of applying under SDS
- Streamlined visa process for all SDS eligible institutions.
- Less financial documentation.
- Faster visa processing time.