Considered in the top 5 for research performance, University of Calgary in Canada is a public academic institution founded in 1944. It has 14 faculties and more than 85 research institutes and centers. The student body compromises of 25,000 undergraduates and 5,000 graduates with over 170,000 alumni in 152 countries. The main campus in spans an area of 490 acres with world-class research and sports facilities.
The school is also closely affiliated with the petroleum and geo-science industries, through the Department of Geosciences and the Schulich School of Engineering. In addition, the Faculty of Environmental Design and Faculty of Law are also strong suits of the University of Calgary.
Offering over 250 programs, the University of Calgary awards Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctorate degrees.
Main Campus – Home to 11 out of 14 faculties, the main campus has facilities for Sciences, Engineering, Biology, Social Sciences, Kinesiology, Education, Environmental Design, Nursing, Social Work, Business, Law, Fine Arts & Humanities.
Foothills Campus – Home to the university’s Faculty of Medicine and Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, this campus houses the Heritage Medical Research Building, the Health Research Innovation Centre (HRIC) and The Cumming School of Medicine
Downtown Campus – The Haskayne School of Business and The School of Public Policy located in the campus offer degrees in select graduate and executive educational programs.
Spy Hill Campus – This campus houses the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine’s Clinical Skills Building, Veterinary Sciences Research Station, and Wildlife Research Station
Qatar Campus – Calgary’s first overseas branch in Doha, Qatar was opened in 2007 and offers Bachelor of Nursing and master of Nursing Programs.
- MS in Computer Science
- MS in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
- BS in Software Engineering
Admission Requirement for Bachelor’s
- Depending on the program, there may be required courses with minimum grades for admission.
- English language proficiency – for students who did not primarily study in English, TOEFL and IELTS scores are required
- Unofficial board exam results, if available should be shared in your application for initial evaluation purposes. Conditional offers may be given to students who are about to complete high school.
Admission Requirements for Master’s
- Official transcriptssent in a sealed envelope, after you submit your application. A soft copy of your unofficial transcript must be uploaded to your online application.
- Current CV
- Reference letters from two or three referees. Depending on the type of program, you may be required to submit academic as well as professional references.
- Study proposal which describes your interest in the field that you are pursuing.
Program-Specific Requirements (these are different for each field, check program page for details)
- Minimum GPA during the last two years of most recent schooling.
- For students who are required to show English proficiency, TOEFL or IELTS scores need to be submitted.
- Statement of purpose outlining your research interests and reasons for picking University of Calgary.